“Driving Collaboration – Enabling Technology”
The International Network for Micro-fabricated Atomic Quantum Sensors is a dedicated platform for global collaboration and technological development that places an emphasis on research fields of Physics and Engineering.
This network will bring together international expertise on quantum physics and micro-engineering to oversee the development of next generation miniaturised quantum sensors, specifically for portable atomic clocks and magnetometers. The broad aim is to target the development and integration of diverse technologies, that will raise the technology readiness of quantum sensors and their individual components and ultimately advance our quantum capabilities. With this in mind, we envisage that the technological platform developed within this network will ultimately grow to incorporate a wider range of quantum sensors for electric fields, thermometry, and wavelength referencing.
- Advancement of component performance and scalability for thermal and cold atom clocks
- Amalgamation of chip-scale atomic components
- Development of novel methods to advance the performance of chip-scale clocks
- Photonically integrated laser and optical control components
- Development of bespoke cell geometries and atomic mixtures to explore a range of magnetometry-based applications
- Exploration of density regulated vapor cells
- Optical integration of novel photonic packages
Apply for membershp by filling out this form and returning to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Call from Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC):
- Establish an international network in quantum technologies
- 3 Years (Feb 2022-Feb 2025)